Thursday, April 26, 2012

Two leave top posts with NHS organisation

THE NHS organisation that runs mental health services in the Bristol area has announced two high-profile departures.

The chairwoman of Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership, Felicity Longshaw, has resigned from her position on the board while the chief executive, Laura McMurtie, will take a period of leave from the NHS trust. Deputy chairman Anthony Gallagher, has taken on the role of acting chairman with immediate effect while the formal appointments process for a replacement is carried out. Director of finance Paul Miller, has been appointed acting chief executive.

Ms Longshaw said: "I am proud of the progress the Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust has made during my five years as chair but the trust faces many challenges as it seeks to achieve foundation trust status and I believe this is the right time to hand over to a new chair. I have greatly valued my time as chair and will remain a firm supporter of the trust, its staff and its service users."

Mr Gallagher said: "I would like to take this opportunity to thank Felicity for her service over the past five years. Over the coming weeks and months I will endeavour to ensure that the provision of top quality services is our number one priority."

platelets decreased

No comments:

Post a Comment